PARENT AIDE REQUIREMENTS
Family Transformations, LLC is seeking rare individuals who have a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of struggling families. The right candidate must be accustomed to doing home visits in the Kansas City Metro area. The role of a Parent Aide is to help to foster healthy and nurturing relationships between parents and their children in a controlled supervised setting.
The Parent Aide is to provide and encourage opportunities for nurturing and attachment, teach and model effective child management techniques based on the child's development, encourage families to identify natural social supports, and link families to needed concrete resources.
This position requires awareness and responsiveness to the cultural and environmental needs of the client, including a flexible schedule to meet family availability. The Parent Aide will help parents develop problem solving skills, focus on solutions and remain focused on the strengths of the parents. They will promote the healthy development of children and better outcomes for families. The Parent Aide will complete all record keeping and report functions as required by the contracting company.
The contractor must possess the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Child & Family Development, or a related field.
- Must have knowledge of child development, parenting education and community resources.
- Must be able to multi-task and be detailed and organized.
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean & reliable transportation, and full-coverage insurance, as we transport children to visits with their parents.
- Must be able to pass a Family Safety Registry background check.
- Must be able to interact with troubled families in a supportive, professional manner.
A high school diploma or equivalency + Five (5) hours of annual on-going, competency-based training in the following areas:
- Child abuse/neglect indicators and mandated reporting requirements.
- Child management.
- Child development.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Community resources.
- Emergency responses including fire, tornado, CPR, and standard first aid; and,
- Communicable disease recognition.
- Training certificate in child development and recognition or treatment of child abuse and neglect, or be trained through Parent As Teachers, Nurses for Newborns, David Olds Model, West Ed, Healthy Children and Families, Parent/Child Interaction Therapy, Incredible Years, or other similar models as approved by the Department.
- Have working knowledge of child development and the role of the family and be able to provide services which promote healthful child development.
- Have general techniques of communicating with adolescent clients at all age levels.
- Can work with the clients in an empathetic and understanding manner in a variety of situations and in all types of community environments.
- Possess the ability to communicate with clients, their family members and other treatment staff, in a manner sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, and to explain the progress of clients; and,
- Possess the ability to interact in a professional and responsible manner. The contractor and/or contractor’s personnel should have the ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including Saturdays or Sundays and be able to work in Jackson, Clay, and Cass and Johnson counties in Missouri.
Compensation: $18.00 - $25.00 per unit of service. This is a contract position.
*If you don’t meet these requirements but are interested in being a Parent Aide, we offer Parent Aide training for $975.00 which will include a Training Certificate upon completion.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com